Trick or Treat!
A few years ago I had opened the door to head out and to my surprise I had been Booed! (no not for writing a terrible blog post). It was a small little jar of goodies in a cute package sitting on my doorstep. It brought joy to my day. I’m not too sure how many of you are familiar with this little tradition but it is fun! Instead of candies though, a goody bag of fabrics and notions for quilting would be fabulous!
How to BOO someone…
- Start a few weeks before Halloween
- List 2 or more people that you would like to “Boo”, secretly
- Gather supplies for as many people on your list.
- You will need a container and what goodies you will be placing in it.
- Assemble package in a fun or spooky way as per your choice
- Deliver packages anonymously
- Smile knowing that you have made someone’s day by “Booing” them and they don’t know by who.
Moda United Notions has recently added cute PDF printable for Halloween! These are perfect to add a mini-charm pack onto, perfectly also known as Moda Candy. Here is the link to print these off: http://www.unitednotions.com/print_no-tricks-just-treats.pdf. Moda Candy are 2.5 inch squares, 42 in a little packaged bundle.
If you would like to add some spook-tac-ular mini-charms to your Boo gift package here are a few that we carry at Country Rose Quilting that will be sure to delight!
Patterns: There are so many free patterns available on the internet that are simple quick and super cute. Moda Bake Shop is a great place to look for some free patterns that use pre-cuts. Here is a link to some patterns that use Moda Candy. This is a link to the Moda Bake Shop blog, happy quilting and happy Halloween everyone! http://www.modabakeshop.com/category/moda-candy